Call for the best contributions including sensory studies presented by PhD students enrolled in the first and second year of the Food Science, Technology and Biotechnology PhD
The Italian Society of Sensory Sciences (SISS) is pleased to announce the first edition of the Award for the best thesis projects that include sensory studies presented at the 27th Workshop on the Developments in the Italian PhD Research on Food Science Technology and Biotechnology.
To participate, all first and second year candidates enrolled in the 27th Workshop on the Developments in the Italian PhD Research on Food Science Technology and Biotechnology must send the contribution prepared for the workshop to the conference secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org) and also to the secretariat of the Italian Society of Sensory Sciences (email@example.com) by 20 June 2023. It will also be necessary to submit a short abstract in English (maximum 300 words) describing the context, objectives, materials and methods, the results (expected or obtained) and the implications of the sensory study included in the thesis project.
Thesis projects in which sensory aspects play a limited part of the project are also admitted.
To apply, you must be a PhD candidate regularly enrolled in the 27th Workshop on the Developments in the Italian PhD Research on Food Science Technology and Biotechnology submitting a thesis project contribution in which there is a part dedicated to sensory studies.
The contributions will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee of the Italian Society of Sensory Sciences in relation to the sensory topics covered in terms of:
1) clarity of the sensory methodologies adopted or intended to be adopted;
2) adequacy of sensory methodologies to the aims of research;
3) coherence and integration of the sensory part in the thesis.
The contributions of the first and second year will be evaluated separately (with separate rankings)
What is the prize?
Two prizes worth over 1500 euros each will be awarded to a PhD candidate of the first and second year, respectively, which will be disbursed in vouchers that can be spent for training/participation in events
organized by SISS and in editorial material. In particular, the two winners will be awarded with:
– Free registration to the course for Sensory Project Manager 2024 (450 euros)
– Free registration to the Understanding consumers 2024 course (estimated value 900 euros) or to other courses organized in 2023/2024 by the association of equal value
– Free registration to the SISS 2024 National Conference (estimated value 180 euros)
– Volume “Sensory atlas of food products” edited by the Italian Society of Sensory Sciences (SISS). New Technical Editions. ISBN 9788848128414.
The award ceremony
The award ceremony will take place in Naples on the occasion of the 27th Workshop on the Developments in the Italian PhD Research on Food Science Technology and Biotechnology.